Dear Suibscriber,Retail Sales UP from Last Year
Strong November retail numbers got the market in a good mood last Friday. But not every stock benefited. That is because the dollar continues to firm up after a long decline. As such investors feel compelled to take money out of those stocks that benefit from a weak dollar (gold, oil, commodities, exporters). The good news is that the market is headed in the right direction. The bad news is that the money keeps swirling around to different groups and hard to pin down where its best to make profits. That should clear up soon.
Start your week off right with these top commentaries:
Video Education: Upside- Zacks Rank Factor #3
Zacks Rank Stocks Video: Momentum Stock Picks
Executive VP, Zacks Investment Research
Today's Top Stories: Monday- December 14, 2009
ZACKS RANK BUY STOCKS
- Aggressive Growth - Priceline.com Inc. (PCLN)Zacks Consensus Estimate for this year is now $7.72, up from $6.89. Next year's estimates are averaging $9.69, up from $8.47. On a year-over-year basis, these levels represent earnings growth of 52% and 25%, respectively. Read More...
- Growth & Income - The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX)recently posted November sales of $1.8 billion, up 15% from last year's $1.6 billion. Consolidated comparable store sales jumped 8% year-over-year.
- Momentum - Ctrip.com International (CTRP) sales were up 47% from last year to $80 million. Earnings also came in strong at 39 cents, 8 cents ahead of the Zacks Consensus Estimate. The company has beat in each of the last four quarters by an average of 6 cents, or 23%.Read More...
- Value - Esterline Technologies Corporation(ESL) beat on the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 27 cents. It was the second quarterly beat in a row. Earnings per share were $1.26 compared to the consensus of 99 cents. Earnings were $1.38 in the year ago quarter. Read More...
Learn how to profit from our exclusive Zacks Rank stock-ranking system with free resources. Read More...
Self Investors Wanted Today
Now you can be among a few investors to master the full market-tripling power of Zacks Rank on your own. No classes. No seminars. No need to wait for winning stock picks – roll up your sleeves and find them yourself.
There are still spots available in Kevin Matras' do-it-yourself program. Learn more now...
ZACKS MUTUAL FUND RANK
- Best of Funds: Top Precious Metals Equity Funds
Looking to make your portfolio golden? Consider adding Franklin Gold & Prec Metals A (FKRCX), Rydex Precious Metals Inv (RYPMX) and First Eagle Gold Fund A (SGGDX). Read More...
See all the great mutual fund resources.BEST OF ZACKS EQUITY RESEARCH
PERSONAL FINANCE: provided by Kiplinger.com
EDUCATION: Aggressive Growth
Strong Growth Rates and Upward Stock PricesRead More...
VIP "OWLTRADES" soars ahead of the market with BUY calls in (AFAM), (CNH), (HNT) and (MFW).Read More...
NEW ZACKS VIDEOS:
EARNINGS PREVIEW Inflation & Production Numbers Will Be Key
With just 40 firms reporting earnings next week, all eyes will be on the inflation and production reports.
Visit the Zacks.com Facebook page and get the latest insight on stocks and the market:
Zacks On Facebook
Get the Zacks.com newsfeed delivered straight to your Twitter account:
Zacks On Twitter
OTHER ZACKS RESOURCES:
Manage your Profit from the Pros subscription:
If you enjoy this e-mail newsletter, then please pass it along to a friend. Simply forward them the link below to sign up for their own free subscription. THANKS!
Refer a Friend
Executive VP, Zacks Investment Research
p.s. What is the mission for Zacks Profit from the Pros?To find out how we will help you become a more successful investor, click here.
Visit /performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this newsletter.
Disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investors should always research companies and securities before making any investments. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security.
To contact us by mail:
Zacks Investment Research
Attn: Profit from the Pros
111 N. Canal St., Suite 1101
Chicago, IL 60606
To unsubscribe from receiving "Zacks.com Profit from the Pros"
e-mail newsletter, Click here....