Founded in 1899, Legg Mason is one of the world’s largest asset managers with assets under management of $708 billion. Legg Mason and its affiliates currently manage 112 mutual funds across a wide range of categories, including both equity and fixed-income funds, with over $96.1 billion (excluding money market assets) invested in them. It uses a multi-affiliate business model that allows each affiliate to operate with a high degree of autonomy utilizing its unique approach and processes. The company provides an array of financial services to individual and institutional investors in 190 countries across six continents.
Below we share with you three top-rated Legg Mason mutual funds. Each has earned a Zacks Mutual Fund Rank #1 (Strong Buy) and is expected to outperform its peers in the future. To view the Zacks Rank and past performance of all Legg Mason mutual funds, investors can click here to see the complete list of Legg Mason mutual funds.
ClearBridge Large Cap Value A (SINAX - MF report) seeks capital appreciation over the long run. SINAX invests a major chunk of its assets in securities of companies having a large market capitalization. SINAX primarily focuses on acquiring equity securities of companies. The ClearBridge Large Cap Value A fund has a three-year annualized return of 7.6%.
SINAX has an expense ratio of 0.89% as compared to the category average of 1.11%.
QS Legg Mason Moderate Growth A (SCGRX - MF report) primarily invests its assets in underlying funds. SCGRX is expected to allocate 55–85% of its assets in mutual funds, which in turn invest in equity securities. The remaining 15% to 45% is believed to be invested in fixed-income mutual funds. QS Legg Mason Moderate Growth A is a non-diversified fund with a three-year annualized return of 3.9%.
As of December 2015, SCGRX held 17 issues with 11.95% of its assets invested in Western Asset Core Plus Bond IS.
QS Legg Mason Conservative Growth A (SBBAX - MF report) seeks to maintain a balance between capital and income. SBBAX invests 35% to 65% of its assets in underlying funds that focus on acquiring equity securities. SBBAX’s investment in fixed income underlying funds may also vary from 35% to 65% of its assets. QS Legg Mason Conservative Growth A is a non-diversified fund with a three-year annualized return of 3.1%.
Y. Wayne Lin is one of the fund managers of SBBAX since 2012.
To view the Zacks Rank and past performance of all Legg Mason mutual funds, investors can click here to see the complete list of funds.
About Zacks Mutual Fund Rank
By applying the Zacks Rank to mutual funds, investors can find funds that not only outpaced the market in the past but are also expected to outperform going forward. Learn more about the Zacks Mutual Fund Rank at http://www.zacks.com/funds.