This page is temporarily not available. Please check later as it should be available shortly. If you have any questions, please email customer support at email@example.com or call 800-767-3771 ext. 9339.
• Share prices of J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP) rose 17.47% to close at $35.37 after the mid-market U.S department store chain said it has hired Ron Johnson as chief executive who will be taking over from November. Johnson is a senior vice-president at Apple, and has been successfully running the software major’s retail stores for the last 11 years
• GT Solar International, Inc. (NASDAQ:SOLR) closed 9.52% higher at $13.35 after the company hiked its first-quarter revenue and profit outlook for the year
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) settled its long-running patent dispute with Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia (NYSE:NOK), agreeing to pay Nokia for intellectual property used in its iPhone devices
• Car hire group Avis Budget Group (NASDAQ:CAR) said it has concluded an agreement to acquire Avis Europe, its European counterpart in a deal worth around $1 billion
• Share prices of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE:DTG) slipped 9.32% to close at $72.43 after the fourth-largest US car rental operator raised concerns that Avis Budget (NASDAQ:CAR) might stop its bid for the company
• Technology giant Hewlett-Packard (NYSE:HPQ) announced the exit of two of its senior executives. Following this development, shares rose marginally to close at $34.73
• Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) announced a partnership with Entropic Communications (NASDAQ:ENTR) which will allow the company to develop an advanced video gateway
• RBC Capital initiated coverage on shares of Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) with an "Underperform" rating and a target price of $24.00
• UBS AG (NYSE:UBS) upgraded Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (NYSE:FGP) to “Neutral rating from “Sell rating with a target price of $22.00, down from $24.00
• Keybanc upgraded Kaydon Corporation (NYSE:KDN) to “Buy rating from “Hold rating with a target price of $40.00
• Analysts at BMO Capital Markets upgraded The Fresh Market Inc (NYSE:TFM) to “Market perform rating from “Underperform rating
• Canaccord Genuity upgraded Petroleum Development Corporation (NASDAQ:PETD) to “Buy rating from “Hold rating with a target price of $41.00
Please login to Zacks.com or register to post a comment.