This page is temporarily not available. Please check later as it should be available shortly. If you have any questions, please email customer support at email@example.com or call 800-767-3771 ext. 9339.
• Meg Whitman has been named the new Chief Executive Officer of Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ). Whitman was formerly CEO of online auction and shopping site eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY)
• FedEx (NYSE:FDX) posted fiscal Q1 EPS of $1.46, falling short of the Zacks Consensus Estimate by a penny. Revenue rose 11% year-over-year to $10.52 billion, surpassing the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $10.33 billion
• United Technologies (NYSE:UTX) said it will buy Goodrich Corp (NYSE:GR) for a total consideration of $18.4 billion or $127.50 per share
• Used cars retailer CarMax (NYSE:KMX) posted fiscal Q2 EPS of $0.49 cents. The revenue of the company increased 11% to $2.59 billion
• Opko Health Inc. (AMEX:OPK) will sell off its ophthalmic instrumentation business to OPTOS Inc in a deal worth $17.5 million in cash plus future royalties
• Share prices of Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT) gained 2.98% after the business-software provider’s second-quarter income numbers came in above the Street’s expectations
• According to Reuters, an analyst at Morningstar has suggested that TreeHouse Foods (NYSE:THS) could be a potential takeover target for ConAgra Foods (NYSE:CAG)
• Share prices of material and construction company Foster Wheeler AG (NASDAQ:FWLT) dropped 12.60% to close at $17.41 on fears of a possible slowdown in China
• Makers of computer mouse Logitech International SA’s (NASDAQ:LOGI) shares fell 11.67% to $7.72 after the company lowered its profit and sales forecast for 2011
• Share prices of Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. (NYSE:YZC) dropped 12.33% to close at $21.34 due to fears of a slowdown in the Chinese economy
Please login to Zacks.com or register to post a comment.