Pop Quiz! Brands & Their Parent Companies
by Todd BuntonOctober 11, 2012 | Comments : 12 Recommended this article: (0)
This page is temporarily not available. Please check later as it should be available shortly. If you have any questions, please email customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-767-3771 ext. 9339.
Grab your pencils! It's time for a pop quiz.
Many popular American brands are actually owned by larger corporations. Let's see how well you know the parents of these well-known brands:
1. Ben & Jerry's is famous for its ice cream and hippy-like culture. But which conglomerate bought the brand back in 2001?
2. With over 1,500 locations, Chili's Bar & Grill is ubiquitous. But the restaurant chain, along with Maggiano's Little Italy, is actually part of which company?
3. Fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger founded the Tommy Hilfiger Corporation in 1984. But which corporation, which also owns Calvin Klein, among others, bought it for $3 billion in 2010?
5. Although you won't find it in its name, approximately 1/3rd of this retailer's total sales comes from the Anthropologie brand:
6. Jack Daniels was founded in Lynchburg, Tennessee in 1875. But it has actually been a subsidiary of which company since 1956?
7. Which of the following companies owns a portfolio of well-known brands like Victoria Secret, Bath & Body Works and White Barn Candle?
Post your score below. You're on the honor system!
1.C 2.A 3.D 4.B 5.B 6.C 7.A
They're hand-picked from the list of Zacks Rank #1 Strong Buys. Our experts predict that their prices will jump the soonest. Today, you can see them free.
Please login to Zacks.com or register to post a comment.