Headquarters in Austin, TX, Cirrus Logic is a fabless semiconductor supplier, which develops, manufactures and markets analog, mixed-signal, and audio DSP integrated circuits (ICs).
The company’s chips are used in a wide range of industrial and consumer markets including portable and non-portable media players, smartphones, tablets, home-theater receivers, automotive entertainment systems, televisions, docking stations, as well as wearables which includes, smart watches, action cameras, smart bands and VR headsets.
Apart from this, its mixed-signal converter chips are used in energy-related applications such as digital utility meter and LED controllers for the incandescent light-bulb replacement market.
In fiscal 2020, Cirrus Logic’s revenues logged $1.28 billion.
The company has two reportable segments – Portable Audio Products and Non-Portable Audio and Other Products.
Portable Products include high-precision analog and mixed-signal components designed for mobile devices including smartphones, tablets, digital headsets, speakers and wearables.
Non-Portable and Other Products include high-precision analog and mixed-signal components targeting the automotive, energy and industrial markets plus non-mobile consumer markets including the emerging smart home.
Portable Audio Products represented 89% of fiscal 2020 revenues while Non-Portable Audio and Other Products made up the remaining 11%.
Cirrus Logic sells products through both — direct and indirect sales channels. The company’s list of customers includes worlds’ leading electronic manufacturers. Notably, Apple Inc. is the company’s largest customer representing nearly 75% of its fiscal 2020 sales.
Some of the company’s primary competitors include AAC Technologies, AKM Semiconductor, Analog Devices, Austriamicrosystems, Dialog Semiconductor, DSP Group, ESS Technology, GoerTek, Infineon Technologies, Knowles, Maxim Integrated Products, NXP Semiconductors, Qualcomm, Realtek Semiconductor, Skyworks Solutions (through its recent acquisition of Avnera), ST Microelectronics, Synaptics and Texas Instruments.
The company employees more than 1,440 people globally.