When we discuss the economy, we always get the Spoken Word on it from our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank.
- In this month’s economic outlook, you point out that the freshly revised U.S. growth rate for Q1 comes in at +2.2%. Is that a good or just ok number?
- You cite the consumer sentiment number as still being at high levels. What is the chance that if trade tensions between the U.S & China really escalate, we could see some big erosion of consumer confidence?
- On the topic of the Fed, 3 or 4 rate hikes this year?
- You question whether the Phillips Curve is the “Loch Ness Monster” of Macroeconomics. What is the Phillips Curve?
- You like a few semiconductor related stocks. First though, if we have a full blown U.S./China Trade War, will the U.S. chipmakers suffer?
- Looking at your picks, there’s Rudolph Technologies (RTEC - Free Report) , Ultra Clean Holdings (UCTT - Free Report) and Veeco Instruments (VECO - Free Report) .
That’s the latest Spoken Word from our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.