With all the negative news out there surrounding this continued coronavirus pandemic, where can we find any optimism? Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, has found a few places. He joins me by phone now.
1. What have you found?
2. The Dow has come back from roughly the 18,000 level to where it’s at today. Is that also cause for optimism as the market looks ahead 6 months or has the comeback been too fast?
3. What do you make of the forecast for poor (-7.3%) U.S. earnings growth in Q1-20 and beyond?
4. Some companies have dropped their quarterly earnings guidance and some are saying it should be dropped all together. From an investor perspective, what good would that do?
5. Would an effective treatment for this virus create a path to opening up our economy and for a sustainable comeback in stocks?
6. The pandemic has had a severe negative impact to oil and sapped demand for it. So much so that the oil market crashed earlier this week due to a demand collapse. Saying that this is a big concern would probably be an understatement. Is this as bad as it seems and is oil driving the market now?
7. You’ve done some stock fishing through this. A few that have caught you eye include Northwestern Energy (NWE - Free Report) , Echostar (SATS - Free Report) and Dropbox (DBX - Free Report) . That represents a wide industry range.
Chief Equity Strategist & Economist, John Blank, finding some optimism in this crisis. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.
Biggest Tech Breakthrough in a Generation
Be among the early investors in the new type of device that experts say could impact society as much as the discovery of electricity. Current technology will soon be outdated and replaced by these new devices. In the process, it’s expected to create 22 million jobs and generate $12.3 trillion in activity.
A select few stocks could skyrocket the most as rollout accelerates for this new tech. Early investors could see gains similar to buying Microsoft in the 1990s. Zacks’ just-released special report reveals 8 stocks to watch. The report is only available for a limited time.
See 8 breakthrough stocks now>>