Employment Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a web designer with four or more years of experience, including UX/UI and branding design experience, to join our Design team at Zacks Investment Research. You’d be part of our Marketing team for the Zacks.com business unit based in
Chicago, IL that is also experiencing tremendous growth.
Compel intelligent, stock-savvy investors to increase engagement with our investment research information, data and services via quality user experiences, brand building, and marketing collateral, including landing pages, emails, online ads, and videos that are constantly tested and improved -- where controls are created to be beaten. We will rely on your design experience, skills and judgment to create the next evolution of our site as well as participate in marketing campaigns and other, design-related projects. You will work closely with our product managers, technical teams and expansive marketing team, including marketing managers, copywriters and designers, to translate winning ideas into visuals that drive response.
• Create fantastic designs for webpage layouts, marketing landing pages & emails, online ads, video and more that beat our controls
• Design user experiences that increase site engagement and build brand awareness.
• Create designs for the next evolution of our site and provide documentation, including branding guidelines, for development and execution of selected designs.
• Work directly with our team of copywriters and marketing managers to design awesome marketing collateral in a timely fashion.
• Generate new design ideas based on sound research, best practices, and measurable tests.
• Produce and expand existing campaigns, while maintaining the core creative.
• Be compelling and persuasive.
• Manage assigned projects from start to finish.
• Excellent persuasive design skills with professional appeal and comfortable presenting to company management and team leaders
• UX/UI design experience
• Responsive web design experience
• Understanding of browser compatibility issues, web design constraints, and email deliverability.
• Proficiency with Adobe design software.
• HTML and CSS experience and skillset is a plus.
• Web accessibility experience is a plus.
• Able to deliver projects on-time.
• Able to deliver projects on-time.
• Generate creative ideas in a highly-interactive environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
• Excel in a team environment and be able to communicate clearly with your peers.
• Familiarity with basic concepts of investing and finances.
• Familiarity with direct response marketing.
Education and Experience
BA/BFA (or equivalent experience) in graphic design/commercial art.
4+ years related professional experience in web design and marketing.
Personal URL/Portfolio required. Financial industry or publishing experience is a plus.
Salary and bonus plan will be offered commensurate with experience.
The Zacks Group of companies consists of Zacks Investment Research (ZIR ), Zacks Investment Management (ZIM ), and Zacks Trade.
ZIR, founded in 1978 is the 2nd largest provider of independent stock, Mutual fund and ETF research in the US. The Professional Services Division of ZIR is one of the largest providers of software analytics and investment data to professional investors. The Zacks.com Division of ZIR operates one of the most widely used investment information sites on the web and provides active self-directed individual investors with research and investment tools designed to help them become more successful traders and investors.
ZIM, our wealth management firm, is an SEC registered RIA that manages over $5 Billion for high net worth individuals and institutions interested in long term value creation. Zacks Trade our broker dealer provides discount brokerage services and Model Portfolios to both active individual traders and to long term investors.
How to Contact Us
Please respond with cover letter, resume, and writing samples to Allen Macon, Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies, principals only please.