First Data Corp just released their fourth quarter fiscal 2015 earnings results, posting earnings of $-0.07 and revenue of $2.96 billion.
Currently, FDC has a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Missed earnings estimates. The company posted $-0.07 per share, missing our Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.17.
2. Beat revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $2.96 billion, surpassing our estimate of $1.893 billion. This number reflects a 2.8% positive year-over-year change in revenue.
3. Reported adjusted net income of $299 million, up 58% in comparison to the previous year and driven by improved operating results and lower interest expenses.
4. Released its Clover Go point-of-sale device and continued progress on expense management initiatives which included consolidation of real estate.
5. "During a quarter that saw First Data return to public ownership, we were pleased to post continued revenue growth, solid margin expansion, and the refinancing of all our high cost debt earlier than planned,” said Frank Bisignano, First Data Chairman and CEO. “We expect 2016 to be a year focused on the execution of our growth initiatives and continued expense management.”
Here’s a graph that looks at First Data’s long-term quarterly revenue and growth rate:
First Data Corporation is a commerce-enabling technology and solutions company. It provides merchant transaction processing and acquiring; credit, retail and debit card issuing and processing; prepaid services and check verification, settlement and guarantee services. First Data Corporation was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
Check back later for our full analysis on First Data’sfourth quarter earnings report!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>