Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM - Free Report) just released its first quarter fiscal 2016 earnings results, posting earnings of $0.95 per share and revenue of $2.62 billion.
Currently, YUM has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted earnings of $0.95, topping our Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.83. This number excludes $0.02 from non-recurring items.
2. Missed revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $2.62 billion, just missing our consensus estimate of $2.662 billion.
3. Reported worldwide system sales and worldwide same-store sales increased 5% and 2%, respectively.
4. Opened 295 new restaurants worldwide, and 72% of international development occurred in emerging markets.
5. YUM was up $3.91, or 4.74%, to $86.44 as of 4:54 PM ET in after-hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here’s a graph that looks at Yum! Brands’ Street Actual & Estimate EPS:
Yum! Brands, Inc. is the world's largest restaurant company in terms of system units with nearly 38,000 restaurants in over 120 countries and territories. Their brands - KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Yum! system includes four operating segments: U.S., International (Yum! Restaurants International), China and India Divisions.
Check back later for our full analysis onYum! Brands’ first quarter earnings report!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>