Welcome to Episode #96 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
In this episode, Tracey is joined by Eric Dutram, Zacks Chief ETF Strategist and the Editor of the weekly newsletter, the ETF Investor, to discuss what are the coolest new ETF launches this year.
With over 2,000 ETFs now on the market, it’s hard to sort through all the names to find ones that have stand out niches. Eric brings some sanity to all the ETF news with the most interesting new ETFs.
However, before you get your hopes up, a Bitcoin ETF is not among the coolest launches. Not yet.
But is a Bitcoin ETF coming soon? Eric discusses the odds of one launching. And yes, Tracey will be doing a podcast on it one, or if, it launches.
But if you’re looking to spice up your portfolio with some intriguing niche ETFs that are already available, these are ones you should keep on your short list.
5 of the Coolest ETFs to Launch This Year
1. Equal Weight Dow ETF (EDOW - Free Report) solves the dilemma of owning the price weighted version. You really want to own all 30 components equally, right? This is the answer.
2. New Tech and Media ETF is an actively managed ETF that focuses on technology, media and social media. Yes, that means the “FANG” stocks, hence its ticker of FNG. But investors should also think about the content creators. Want to own the companies that own Instagram and YouTube? Then this is the one for you.
3. Small Cap Cash Cow ETF (CALF - Free Report) is helpful to those who want to own the small caps but don’t want to own them individually. Eric also says it leans towards a value play as it has a P/E ratio of 18.5 while the S&P Small Cap 600 Index is trading at 24.9x. It’s free cash flow yield and 3-year dividend growth rates are also much higher than its small cap peers.
4. Founder-Run ETF (BOSS - Free Report) lets you buy a basket of companies where the founder is serving as CEO. Right now, it appears to be heavy in technology names and biotechs. But if you’ve ever wanted to own the stocks of the “visionary” type leaders, this is the ETF for you.
5. The Infrastructure Development ETF (PAVE - Free Report) was launched just as infrastructure seemed to finally be on the table in Washington DC. So far, there is no new stimulus bill, but if you want to be ready for the rebuilding of America, then this ETF, which owns the railroads, construction companies, materials and equipment firms, is one you should explore.
Want to know more about the Small Cap Cash Cow ETF and how it works?
Eric did a podcast covering this so you might want to give it a listen if you want to know more.
What else should you know about these ETFs and how to use them?
Tune into this week’s podcast to find out.
Want to Learn How to Trade Options?
Have you always wanted to trade stock options but are unsure where to begin or what to look for?
Each week, Zacks’ Dave Bartosiak will bring you a detailed explanation of the trades “live” on YouTube.
Watch him go through the trade as he answers your questions in real time.
Become one of Dave’s minions. Join the Zacks Live Trader community today. Click here for a free 14-day trial >>>