For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – August 31, 2017 – Zacks Market Edge is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. ((Please use this Soundcloud link from this URL for the PR. Thanks: https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/273831/the-coolest-new-etfs-of-2017)
The Coolest New ETFs of 2017
Welcome to Episode #96 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
In this episode, Tracey is joined by Eric Dutram, Zacks Chief ETF Strategist and the Editor of the weekly newsletter, the ETF Investor, to discuss what are the coolest new ETF launches this year.
With over 2,000 ETFs now on the market, it’s hard to sort through all the names to find ones that have stand out niches. Eric brings some sanity to all the ETF news with the most interesting new ETFs.
However, before you get your hopes up, a Bitcoin ETF is not among the coolest launches. Not yet.
But is a Bitcoin ETF coming soon? Eric discusses the odds of one launching. And yes, Tracey will be doing a podcast on it one, or if, it launches.
But if you’re looking to spice up your portfolio with some intriguing niche ETFs that are already available, these are ones you should keep on your short list.
5 of the Coolest ETFs to Launch This Year
1. Equal Weight Dow ETF (NYSEARCA:(EDOW - Free Report) – Free Report) solves the dilemma of owning the price weighted version. You really want to own all 30 components equally, right? This is the answer.
2. New Tech and Media ETF (NYSEARCA: – Free Report) is an actively managed ETF that focuses on technology, media and social media. Yes, that means the “FANG” stocks, hence its ticker of FNG. But investors should also think about the content creators. Want to own the companies that own Instagram and YouTube? Then this is the one for you.
3. Small Cap Cash Cow ETF (NASDAQ:(CALF - Free Report) – Free Report) is helpful to those who want to own the small caps but don’t want to own them individually. Eric also says it leans towards a value play as it has a P/E ratio of 18.5 while the S&P Small Cap 600 Index is trading at 24.9x. It’s free cash flow yield and 3-year dividend growth rates are also much higher than its small cap peers.
4. Founder-Run ETF (ETR:(BOSS - Free Report) – Free Report) lets you buy a basket of companies where the founder is serving as CEO. Right now, it appears to be heavy in technology names and biotechs. But if you’ve ever wanted to own the stocks of the “visionary” type leaders, this is the ETF for you.
5. The Infrastructure Development ETF (BATS:(PAVE - Free Report) – Free Report) was launched just as infrastructure seemed to finally be on the table in Washington DC. So far, there is no new stimulus bill, but if you want to be ready for the rebuilding of America, then this ETF, which owns the railroads, construction companies, materials and equipment firms, is one you should explore.
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978. The later formation of the Zacks Rank, a proprietary stock picking system; continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Click here for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performancefor information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.