- (1:30) - Investing With Confidence During Market Correction
- (6:20) - How Earnings Reports Impact Stocks
- (11:00) - Should You Be Buying What You Know?
- (15:45) - Where Is It Safe To Invest?
- (19:15) - Should You Own The FANG Stocks?
- (23:00) - 2018 Stock Tips
- (27:50) - Episode Roundup: WMT, AAOI, VOO, SPY, VB, FANG stocks
Welcome to Episode #120 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
In this episode, Dave Bartosiak, Editor of Zacks Momentum Trader and Surprise Trader portfolios, joined Tracey to discuss a topic that has become important in 2018 thanks to the recent stock market correction: how to invest with confidence.
Tracey has been getting a lot of questions on Twitter and Stocktwits about what to do when stocks get volatile.
How do investors stay in the game?
What Can You Do to Boost Your Confidence?
1. Start out small and dollar cost average. If you’re putting in something every month, you can ride out the ups and downs more easily. You’re buying at the highs, but also at the lows.
2. It’s okay to buy ETFs. You don’t have to be solely in stocks. If they’re too volatile, consider buying the S&P 500 ETFs like the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO - Free Report) or the SPDR S&P 500 (SPY - Free Report) or buy the small caps through an ETF like the Vanguard Small-Cap ETF (VB - Free Report) .
3. Should you buy the big caps, like a Walmart (WMT - Free Report) versus the small caps such as Applied Optoelectronics (AAOI - Free Report) ? Tracey and Dave discuss the pros and cons.
Remember, no investment is ever truly “safe” but investors have to gauge their own risk tolerance. It’s different for every investor.
Dave also has a secret screen he does to try and find the best stocks.
What is it?
Find out what it is and more tips for growing your investing confidence on this week’s podcast.
Looking for Stocks with Skyrocketing Upside?
Zacks has just released a Special Report on the booming investment opportunities of legal marijuana.
Ignited by new referendums and legislation, this industry is expected to blast from an already robust $6.7 billion to $20.2 billion in 2021. Early investors stand to make a killing, but you have to be ready to act and know just where to look.
See the pot trades we're targeting>>