ING is one of the world’s leading asset management firms with an investment presence across 33 countries. With approximately €343 billion of assets under management, ING offers a range of international and domestic funds designed to meet the needs of specific investors. It serves institutional clients, including retirement plans, endowments and foundations, as well as individual investors through its numerous distribution partners. ING complements its inherent global capabilities by partnering with some of the most respected asset managers in the world.
Below we will share with you 5 top rated ING funds. Each has earned a Zacks #1 Rank (Strong Buy) as we expect the fund to outperform its peers in the future. To view the Zacks Rank and past performance of all ING funds, then click here.
ING Small Cap Opportunities A (NSPAX - Free Report) invests the majority of its stocks in domestic small-cap companies. It focuses on purchasing common stock of companies within the market capitalization range of the Russell 2000 Growth index. The fund returned 66.81% over the last one year period.
The ING fund has a minimum initial investment of $1,000 and an expense ratio of 1.50% compared to a category average of 1.61%.
ING MidCap Opportunities A (NMCAX) seeks long term capital growth. It invests the majority of its assets in mid-sized domestic companies with market capitalizations within the range of firms in the Russell Midcap (R) Growth index. It may also invest in derivatives and purchase foreign securities. The fund has a three year annualized return of 4.12%.
As of December 2009, this fund held 84 issues, with 2.43% of its total assets invested in NetApp, Inc.
ING Global Value Choice A (NAWGX - Free Report) invests at least 65% of its assets in equity of issuers from a number of countries including the U.S. At least 80% of its assets may be invested in stocks, ADRs, GDRs, derivatives and convertible securities. The fund returned 62.46% in the last one year period and has a five year annualized return of 12.04%.
David B. Iben is the fund manager and he has managed this ING fund since 2006.
ING Russia A (LETRX - Free Report) seeks capital growth. It invests at least 80% of its assets in Russian companies of varying market capitalizations. The other 20% of its assets may be used to purchase debt securities issued by Russian companies or the Russian government. It may also invest in countries from the former Soviet Union. The fund has a ten year annualized return of 21.5%.
The ING fund has an expense ratio of 2.21% compared to a category average of 1.71%.
ING Index Plus MidCap A (AIMAX - Free Report) invests the majority of its assets in securities issued by mid-cap companies. These companies must be included in the S&P MidCap 400 index. The fund may lend its portfolio securities on a short-term basis and enter into derivative contracts. The fund returned 59.95% in the last one year period.
Vincent J. Costa is the fund manager and he has managed this ING fund since 2006.
To view the Zacks Rank and past performance of all ING funds, then click here.
About Zacks Mutual Fund Rank
By applying the Zacks Rank to mutual funds, investors can find funds that not only outpaced the market in the past but are also expected to outperform going forward. Learn more about the Zacks Mutual Fund Rank at https://www.zacks.com/funds/mutualfund/