This is week two of earnings season with just over 250 companies expected to report on an MLK Day shortened trading week.
How does a company stand out from the crowd? You have an excellent earnings surprise track record.
Beating every quarter, or nearly every quarter, isn’t as easy as it sounds. These five companies have managed to do it the last 5 years even amidst incredible odds.
What does it take to succeed during earnings season?
Good management that communicates with the analysts, transparency, and a business that doesn’t have roller coaster revenue.
These 5 companies are all in different industries, but they have managed to put together outstanding earnings surprise track records.
5 Amazing Earnings Charts You Must See
1. Lam Research (LRCX - Free Report) has the best earnings track record this week, with a perfect record of beating for over 5 years. But that hasn’t stopped the shares from declining in 2018 as the semiconductor industry started to hit its down cycle. Will another beat this quarter matter to the stock?
2. Tal Education (TAL - Free Report) has only missed once since 2015. That’s a great record for this Chinese tutoring company. But shares took a beating in 2018, falling 12% by the end of the year as investor fled Chinese stocks on fears of an economic slowdown. But was the selling overdone?
3. Intuitive Surgical (ISRG - Free Report) has a great looking chart. Not only hasn’t it missed since Zacks data began in 2015 but shares have rebounded off the December lows. Will another earnings beat send its shares back to new highs?
4. Starbucks (SBUX - Free Report) has missed only once in the last 5 years. They finally broke out to new multi-year highs in 2018 only to have the shares sell off in December. Will another beat push the shares out to a new breakout?
5. AbbVie (ABBV - Free Report) has only missed one time since 2014. Shares surged in 2017 but the drug stocks were out of favor in 2018 which pushed the shares lower. They fell 6.3% in 2018. With a forward P/E of just 10.3, is AbbVie a hidden gem?
[In full disclosure, Tracey owns shares of SBUX in her personal portfolio.]
Looking for Stocks with Skyrocketing Upside?
Zacks has just released a Special Report on the booming investment opportunities of legal marijuana.
Ignited by new referendums and legislation, this industry is expected to blast from an already robust $6.7 billion to $20.2 billion in 2021. Early investors stand to make a killing, but you have to be ready to act and know just where to look.
See the pot trades we're targeting>>