Earnings season continues to roll on with over 500 companies expected to report this week.
That includes some of the hot marijuana stocks.
Now that cannabis has been legalized in Canada, are these companies actually making a profit? What are margins like?
And is anyone on Wall Street actually covering this industry?
Here are 5 pot stocks that are already publicly traded in the United States. Some have earnings track records, some do not.
That’s not unusual for stocks in emerging industries.
5 Pot Stock Earnings Charts to Watch this Earnings Season
- Aurora Cannabis (ACB - Free Report) is among the first pot companies to report this earnings season so it will be a bellwether. There aren’t any analyst estimates yet so there’s no Zacks Rank and no earnings surprise track record. Still, investors should tune into the conference call.
- Canopy Growth (CGC - Free Report) has missed twice in a row so it has analyst coverage and estimates. Shares have rebounded off of the late 2018 sell off but can it keep its momentum?
- Cronos Group (CRON - Free Report) has had two earnings reports since listing in 2018 and has beat once and missed once. Shares have soared to new all-time highs in 2019, however. Is it too much too soon?
- Tilray (TLRY - Free Report) was the darling of the 2018 stock market but sold off into the end of the year. It has also beat once and missed once. Shares have no P/E yet as they are expected to lose money in 2018 and 2019.
- Innovative Industrial Properties (IIPR - Free Report) is a small cap REIT which specializes in leasing buildings to those in the marijuana industry in states in which medical marijuana has been legalized. It has only yearly estimates, not quarterly, so there’s no earnings miss/beat record. But, like other REITs, it pays out its earnings to shareholders. IIPR pays a dividend, yielding 2.23%. Shares have soared to new all-time highs and trades with a forward P/E of 24. Is it too hot to handle?
Zacks 2019 Marijuana Investors’ Summit: In addition to the companies you learned about above, we invite you to learn more about investing in pot stocks. On Tuesday, February 26, our team of experts will reveal what we believe is the single best way to make money from legal marijuana. Register Now for Free >>