Earnings season is over but companies that report on the fiscal year calendar are now reporting. That means investors can get clues as to how strong, or weak, the economy is right now.
Their quarters end at the end of February so we’ll get real data.
These five companies are in some of the key industries everyone is watching including the transports, retail and semiconductors.
Some also have international business so they could be a good indicator of the global economy.
You’ll want to tune into these 5 names this week.
5 Earnings Charts to Watch this Week
1. DSW has posted some of the best earnings reports of the last few years in the prior quarters. Consumers love shoes and have been spending. Did they buy over the holiday quarter?
2. FedEx (FDX - Free Report) has missed twice in a row so investors are going to be looking for a beat this quarter. The transports, in general, have taken a dive in 2019. Will FedEx’s earnings be enough to boost the group?
3. Michaels (MIK - Free Report) is hitting all-time lows heading into this report. This specialty craft retailer has beat 3 quarters in a row, however. What will it take to turn it around?
4. Micron (MU - Free Report) is the big one reporting this week. It’s the semiconductor favorite. It hasn’t missed since Zacks data began in 2015. But it’s all about guidance. Is the down cycle in the semis really over as the Street believes?
5. Nike (NKE - Free Report) is the one to watch for clues about China. Last quarter, it defied the skeptics by posting great China sales numbers. But the Chinese economy has continued to slow. Will Nike reflect a jittery Chinese consumer?
Is Your Investment Advisor Fumbling Your Financial Future?
See how you can more effectively safeguard your retirement with a new Special Report, “4 Warning Signs Your Investment Advisor Might Be Sabotaging Your Financial Future.”
Click to get it free >