There are over 600 companies reporting this week, including 34% of the S&P 500. That’s a lot of big cap stocks.
In addition to the FAANG stocks, many other big growth companies are also reporting.
Some of the companies, however, haven’t had as easy of a time of it as the FAANG stocks over the last 5 years.
These 5 companies all hit new highs in the last 5 years but then retreated.
Several have recently hit new highs again while others are still struggling to turn it around.
They all have excellent earnings track records with one having a perfect 5-year earnings surprise record.
These are big growth stocks.
Can they move to the top of the heap again?
5 Turnaround Earnings Charts You Must See This Week
1. Chipotle (CMG - Free Report) has beat 5 quarters in a row. It’s PR issues from 2 years ago seem to be moving into the past. The shares have skyrocketed in 2019, gaining 64% year-to-date. Shares have a sky-high P/E of 55 now. Is the rally over or is a real breakout still to come?
2. Lam Research (LRCX - Free Report) has beat every quarter for the last 5 years. The semiconductors sold off to end 2018 but have rebounded. Lam is up 42% year-to-date. Is too much optimism baked into cyclical bottom in the industry?
3. AbbVie (ABBV - Free Report) is coming off its first miss in 5 years. Shares are down 13% over the last year after being a high flier in 2017. With a forward P/E of just 9 and a dividend yielding 5.4%, is this a buying opportunity?
4. Tractor Supply (TSCO - Free Report) was one of the best performing retailers until 2016 when the shares sank as growth slowed. This rural retailer seemed to hit bottom in 2017 and it’s been in a recovery ever since. Shares are up 55% over the last year and have busted out to new 5-year highs in 2019. Is the rally over?
5. Starbucks (SBUX - Free Report) has finally broken out of its 3-year channel and has gained another 18% in 2019. However, shares are now trading at 27x with a slower growth outlook than in previous years. Is the rebound fully priced in?
Will you retire a millionaire?
One out of every six people retires a multimillionaire. Get smart tips you can do today to become one of them in a new Special Report, “7 Things You Can Do Now to Retire a Multimillionaire.”
Click to get it free >>