Interactive Tour and a Whole Lot More
You are being directed to ZacksTrade, a division of LBMZ Securities and licensed broker-dealer. ZacksTrade and Zacks.com are separate companies. The web link between the two companies is not a solicitation or offer to invest in a particular security or type of security. ZacksTrade does not endorse or adopt any particular investment strategy, any analyst opinion/rating/report or any approach to evaluating indiv idual securities.
If you wish to go to ZacksTrade, click
OK. If you do not, click Cancel.
Back to top
Company News for May 12, 2011
Read More Hide Full Article
• Shares of Ener1, Inc. (NASDAQ:HEV) plunged by 27.35%, after the company reported a large first-quarter net loss this week. Ener1 Inc. was also downgraded by Wunderlich Securities from "Hold" to "Sell" and its price target was reduced from $3.50 to $1.00
• Global and federal government insurer American International Group, Inc (NYSE:AIG) revealed in a regulatory filing that they would sell 300 million shares to the public
• Strong earnings results that grew more than three times in the first quarter helped share prices of the pipeline maker Northwest Pipe Co (NASDAQ:NWPX) surge 6.40% to close at $24.45
• Internet portal Yahoo! Inc (NASDAQ:YHOO) reported that Alibaba Group has transferred ownership of its online payments business to an entity controlled by the CEO of Alibaba. Reacting to the news, shares of Yahoo fell 7.28% since the digital media company has a 43% stake in Alibaba
• Conceptus, Inc.’s (NASDAQ:CPTS) share prices dropped 15.77% a day to close at $12.71 after the maker of a sterilization method reported a larger first-quarter loss beating the Street's projections
• Oil and natural-gas company Harvest Natural Resources, Inc.’s (NYSE:HNR) share prices fell 6.99% after the company reported its first-quarter earnings results that fell short of expectations
• Shares of Scientific Games Corp. (NASDAQ:SGMS) fell 2.56% after the maker of lottery tickets reported its first-quarter results that came in below consensus forecasts
• Analysts at Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) initiated coverage on GNC Corp. with a “Neutral rating and a target price of $22.00 citing the move as a valuation call
• Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) was upgraded by Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) to a "Buy" rating from "Neutral" rating. The brokerage firm also raised the target price of the company from $64 to $77
• Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE:BMY) was downgraded by Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) from "Buy" to "Neutral" with a target price of $32 on the stock
Zacks' 7 Best Strong Buys
for October, 2018
Our experts cut down 220 Zacks Rank #1 Strong Buys to the 7 most likely to jump in price immediately.
On average, the full Strong Buy list has more than doubled the market for 30 years.
See its 7 best stocks now.