Are you "Profiting from the Pros?"
You are being directed to ZacksTrade, a division of LBMZ Securities and licensed broker-dealer. ZacksTrade and Zacks.com are separate companies. The web link between the two companies is not a solicitation or offer to invest in a particular security or type of security. ZacksTrade does not endorse or adopt any particular investment strategy, any analyst opinion/rating/report or any approach to evaluating indiv idual securities.
If you wish to go to ZacksTrade, click
OK. If you do not, click Cancel.
Back to top
• Shares of biotech company Bacterin International Holdings Inc (AMEX:BONE) gained 10.34% after the company posted initial second quarter earnings figures that came in above expectations
• U.S. listed shares of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ:CHKP) rose 8.11% after the network security provider released 2011 earnings forecasts exceeding the Street's expectations
• According to a report in The Wall Street Journal, contract drug developer Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. (NASDAQ:PPDI) is looking to sell itself
• Share prices of U.S. Gold Corporation (NYSE:UXG) gained 5.25% to close at $7.02 after gold futures moved above the $1,600 per ounce mark on the New York Mercantile Exchange
• Bloomberg reported that Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) may further delay its plans to increase dividends because of mounting mortgage losses
• Battery manufacturer Valence Technology, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:VLNC) shares gained 7.77% after the company increased its first quarter revenue outlook for the fiscal year
• Auto insurance company Allstate Corp.'s (NYSE:ALL) shares slipped 4.95% after Joseph Lacher, the president of the company decided to step down. Allstate is the second largest home and auto insurer in the United States
• Stifel Nicolaus & Co. downgraded shares of semiconductor maker Entropic Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:ENTR) from "Buy" rating to "Sell" rating
• Analysts at JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) downgraded shares of social networking site LinkedIn (NYSE:LNKD) from "Overweight" rating to "Sell" rating. Reacting to the downgrade, the company’s shares fell 6.85% to close at $102.44
• Shares of MGIC Investment Corp. (NYSE:MTG) lost 23.00% a day after the private-mortgage insurer reported second quarter losses due to a higher incidence of loan defaults
• Share prices of Nabi Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:NABI) plunged 66.43% after the pharma-company said its smoke-cessation drug has returned disappointing results