• DSW Inc. (NYSE:DSW) posted Q2 EPS of $0.74, surpassing the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.61 per share. Revenues for the quarter rose 14.7% to $476.3 million
• Barnes and Noble (NYSE:BKS) reported a Q1 loss of $0.94 which came in better than the Zacks Consensus Estimate of loss of $0.95 Revenues for the quarter rose 1.6% year-over-year to $1.42 billion
• Share prices of discount retailer Dollar General Corp. (NYSE:DG) gained 5.83% after the company's second-quarter profit came in above the Street’s estimates
• Management of STEC Inc. (NASDAQ:STEC) has approved an additional stock repurchase program of up to $40 million. Earlier this month, the company had repurchased common shares worth $15 million
• Macarthur Coal (ASX:MCC) has agreed to a sweetened takeover bid from Peabody Energy Corp. (NYSE:BTU). The company had earlier declined a joint offer of AU$15.50 per share from Peabody and Arcelor Mittal (NYSE:MT)
• Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) said that Energizer Holdings (NYSE:ENR) has chosen Autodesk Vault data management software to efficiently manage its product design and manufacturing information
• Share prices of real estate and mortgage data provider CoreLogic Inc. (NYSE:CLGX) advanced 29.12% after the company said it is in the process of exploring strategic options
• Corinthian Colleges Inc.’s (NASDAQ:COCO) shares increased 21.39% to $2.27 after Gabelli & Co. raised its rating for the company from "Hold" to "Buy"