New to Zacks? Get started here.
You are being directed to ZacksTrade, a division of LBMZ Securities and licensed broker-dealer. ZacksTrade and Zacks.com are separate companies. The web link between the two companies is not a solicitation or offer to invest in a particular security or type of security. ZacksTrade does not endorse or adopt any particular investment strategy, any analyst opinion/rating/report or any approach to evaluating indiv idual securities.
If you wish to go to ZacksTrade, click
OK. If you do not, click Cancel.
Back to top
• Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) posted Q2 EPS of $0.14, in line with Zacks Consensus Estimates. Revenues for the quarter rose 9.6% to $339.6 million
• Swiss bank UBS AG's (NYSE:UBS) share prices fell 10.02% after the banking giant revealed that rogue trading in London has resulted in a loss of $2 billion. The investment bank also expressed fears of lower profits for the third quarter because of the loss
• Analysts at Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) added shares of integrated-circuit designer company Aeroflex Holding Corp (NYSE:ARX) to their conviction "Buy" list
• Share prices of online movie rental company Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) declined 18.91% after the company lowered its outlook for subscribers in the U.S. for the fiscal third quarter
• Israeli financial services firm Fundtech Ltd.'s (NASDAQ:FNDT) share prices rose 32% to close at $23.18 after the Israeli company said private equity firm GTCR’s offer has surpassed all bid amounts
• Shares of SUPERVALU INC. (NYSE:SVU) advanced 5.74% to close at $7.92 after analysts at Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE:DB) initiated coverage with a "Buy" rating on shares of the company
• Pharma company Transcept Pharmaceuticals Inc.'s (NASDAQ:TSPT) share prices jumped 79.64% after the drug developer remained optimistic that regulators in the U.S. may complete a review of its insomnia drug in two months
• Share prices of Newcastle Investment Corp. (NYSE:NCT) increased 18.59% after the real-estate firm raised its quarterly dividend to 15 cents per share
• Hospital chain HCA Holdings Inc. (NYSE:HCA) announced plans to repurchase shares worth nearly $1.5 billion from Bank of America (NYSE:BAC). Following this development, the company’s shares rose 11.98% to close at $20.84