Twitter (TWTR - Free Report) just released its second-quarter earnings results, posting earnings of -$0.11 per share and revenue of $602 million.
Currently, TWTR has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted earnings of -$0.11 (excluding 4 cents from non-recurring items), beating our Zacks Consensus Estimate of -$0.15.
2. Missed revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $602 million, falling short of our estimate of $605.55 million.
3. Average monthly active users (MAUs) were 313 million in the quarter, up just 3% year-over-year and up from 310 million in the previous quarter.
4. “This quarter we saw year-over-year and sequential growth in both monthly active and daily active usage,” said Twitter CFO Anthony Noto. “We continue to believe that, with disciplined execution against our priorities, we can drive sustained engagement and audience growth over time.
5. TWTR was down $1.74, or 9.43%, to $16.71 as of 4:35 p.m. EST in after-hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here’s a graph that looks at Twitter’s latest earnings performance:
Twitter is a public, real-time, global platform where any user can create a Tweet and any user can follow other users. The platform is unique in its simplicity: Tweets are limited to 140 characters of text. his constraint makes it easy for anyone to quickly create, distribute and discover content that is consistent across our platform and optimized for mobile devices. As a result, Tweets drive a high velocity of information exchange that makes Twitter uniquely live.
Make sure to check back here for our full coverage of Twitter’s Q2 earnings!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>