Back to top

What Happens If I File My Income Taxes but Forgot a W-2?

If you forget to include a W-2 on your tax return, you can correct this by filing an amended return using Form 1040X. The IRS requires all income to be reported but offers a grace period to amend returns and minimize or avoid penalties for under-reported income.