The Q2 Earnings Season is pretty much wrapping up. Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, has noted that most earnings surprises have come from three surprising sectors. He joins me now.
1. What are these sectors and why is this surprising?
2. The market has rewarded positive surprises more than average this season and punished negative surprises less than average. Is that a stand out or in line with expectations?
3. Is there anything else investors need to be aware of regarding the Q2 earnings season?
4. The annual Jackson Hole Conference is going on this week. This year’s theme, The Economic Impact of Superstar Firms, seems particularly relevant. Do you see any news coming out of there?
5. This Bull Market has officially become the longest one on record since WWII. The S&P 500 has skyrocketed more than 300 percent. Where are we going from here?
6. Talking specific stocks, you like HCA Healthcare (HCA - Free Report) , ST Microelectronics N.V. (STM - Free Report) and one that’s right in line with the current 5G rollout, Telcos stock Qualcomm (QCOM - Free Report) .
That’s the latest Spoken Word from our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.