This December has seen the worst December stock market beginning since December 1980. And the Dow and S&P 500 are on track to turn in their worst December performance since the Great Depression in 1931. Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, says while it’s getting ugly out there for risk holders, we’re still just seeing a garden-variety valuation correction.
- Is that because we still aren’t seeing any panic selling in the stock market?
- What’s keeping this market under pressure?
- Is this a bear market yet?
- With few trading days left this year, is there any chance we’ll see any part of a Santa Claus Rally?
- What about 2019 stock returns? Will cheap valuations help stocks move higher in the New Year?
- Do you see stocks that underperformed the market this year leading the market next year?
- Stocks in three sectors have your interest now. The Ensign Group (ENSG - Free Report) in Healthcare, Employer’s Holdings (EIG - Free Report) in the Financials and Ericsson (ERIC - Free Report) in Info Tech.
That’s the latest from Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.