As expected, the Fed hiked interest rates for a fourth time for 2018. Global equity markets slid on the news. Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, shares his thoughts on that now.
- Given increased stock market volatility, our economic situation and outlook for the economy both here and globally, was this the right move now?
- What role will the Dollar play on the impact of the Fed’s decision?
- Has the U.S.—China trade situation already begun taking a toll on U.S. economic growth?
- Overseas, tumultuous British politics is causing stress in assets there.
- The Bank of Japan’s balance sheet has just surpassed the size of that economy. How concerning is that?
- You’re fresh back from a visit to Japan. Did you see any economic stress while you were there?
- Our stock market seems to be relatively unimpressed with our economic growth. Why do you think that is?
- What do you see U.S. GDP doing in 2019?
- What about corporate earnings?
- There’s three stocks on your radar currently. Telefonica Brasil S.A. (VIV - Free Report) , E*Trade (ETFC - Free Report) and Qualcomm (QCOM - Free Report) .
Another Spoken Word on Investing from Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.