- (0:30) - Is The Economy Slowing Down or Stalling?
- (2:30) - Is The U.S Government Spending Too Much?
- (4:05) - How Will Tariff Concerns Impact The Economy?
- (5:10) - Is The Computer Software Sector A Must Buy?
The fourth quarter U.S. GDP growth estimate was lowered a bit, revised to up 2.2% from an earlier estimate of up 2.6%. So is the economy here just slowing down or are we stalling? Our Chief Equity Strategist & Economist, John Blank is here to answer that for us.
1. John, which is it?
2. What are the important factors to note when assessing this economy?
3. So, is this what’s known as an inflection point?
4. What do you see for our economy for this year?
5. Warren Buffet Says we’re in a “Strange Economy” because unemployment remains so low, yet interest rates and inflation are not rising. At the same time the U.S. government continues to spend more money than it takes in. Do you agree with that?
6. Do you see any impact to our economy from the latest word from the President that he may raise tariffs on China?
7. Talking sectors now, you say the computer software industry is on fire. Why?
8. In that group you like Synopsis, Inc. (SNPS - Free Report) , Pegasystems, Inc. (PEGA - Free Report) and ACI Worldwide (ACIW - Free Report) .
Chief Equity Strategist & Economist, John Blank. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.