Ongoing trade negotiations don’t seem to be showing signs of a silver lining on the horizon. Our Chief Equity Strategist & Economist, John Blank, says we may just appear to be moving from one level of escalation to another. He’s here now to discuss this further with me.
1. With “tariffs” having become the watch word lately, at least with regard to Mexico and China, how concerned should investors be or is it just political theatre to achieve an end?
2. What are the likely scenarios that could unfold with this as you see them?
3. Given the rising trade tensions, what do you see for the U.S. economy going into the second half of the year?
4. Regarding our economy, earlier this week, June 17, it was reported that a key manufacturing gauge, the Empire State Index, saw its biggest one month decline in 18 months this month. Also, the country’s homebuilders reported solid confidence in the housing market in June, but levels dropping slightly due to concerns over trade issues, the high costs of construction and the lack of skilled labor. Are these warning signs?
5. Is there a global impact regarding tariffs that investors should be aware of?
6. What do you make of Fed action this week to hold rates steady for now, but opening the door for a possible future cut?
7. Stocks on your radar currently include Air China (AIRYY - Free Report) , Molina Healthcare (MOH - Free Report) and Anglogold Ashanti (AU - Free Report)
Chief Equity Strategist & Economist, John Blank, Taking a look at Global Markets. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.