In light of the current global Coronavirus pandemic, one thing specifically that the world’s financial risk markets have laser focused on is the historic coronavirus stimulus bill from congress. Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, is here now to fill in the blanks regarding that for us.
1. John, is this just a starting point in helping the U.S. economy?
2. Will this stimulus bill that’s been in the news help avoid economic issues going forward? If so, for how long before another economic stimulus will be needed?
3. Former Fed Chairman, Ben Bernanke, is looking for a sharp U.S. recession from this pandemic in the next quarter. How does that match up with your macro growth forecast?
4. Recent days have seen central banks ramp up aggressive easing and other fiscal stimulus to buffer their economies. Is that a silver lining in all of this?
5. In the event of recession here, how would it stack up versus other recessions we’ve been through, because there’s, as I understand it, at least two main types of recessions correct?
6. If there’s not too much damage done, at least to the workforce here, could we see that quick rebound everyone’s talking about?
7. The forward-looking purchasing managers’ indexes for both Europe and the United States provided an early reading of the scale of the hit financial markets have already been bracing for. But markets rallied on those numbers. So, was that already priced in?
8. Some emerging market assets have found themselves careering towards the abyss as currencies tumble to fresh record lows, bonds get hammered and stocks are down considerably. What pressure is the stronger U.S. Dollar placing on the pummeling?
9. Given everything we’ve discussed, what are the major risks to our economy going forward?
10. You’ve said that Mindset is growing in importance now. What mistakes should investors avoid making during this crisis?
11. Let’s look at a few stocks you’re paying attention to now. There’s HP Inc. (HPQ - Free Report) , DexCom (DXCM - Free Report) and Western Digital (WDC - Free Report) .
That’s the latest with our Chief Equity Strategist & Economist, John Blank. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.