Microsoft (MSFT - Free Report) just released its fourth-quarter earnings results, posting earnings of $0.69 per share and revenue of $22.6 billion.
Currently, MSFT has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted earnings of 69 cents per share, beating our Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.58.
2. Beat revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $22.6 billion, surpassing our estimate of $22.11 billion.
3. Revenues from the company’s Intelligent Cloud segment grew 7%, while revenues from its More Personal Computing segment fell 3%.
4. “This past year was pivotal in both our own transformation and in partnering with our customers who are navigating their own digital transformations,” said CEO Satya Nadella. “The Microsoft Cloud is seeing significant customer momentum and we’re well positioned to reach new opportunities in the year ahead.”
5. MSFT was up $1.76, or 3.32%, to $54.85 as of 4:25 p.m. EST in after-hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here’s a graph that looks at Microsoft’s latest earnings performance:
Microsoft is a technology company. Their products include operating systems for computing devices, servers, phones, and other intelligent devices; server applications for distributed computing environments; cross-device productivity applications; business solution applications; desktop and server management tools; software development tools; video games; and online advertising. They also design and sell hardware including PCs, tablets, gaming and entertainment consoles, phones, other intelligent devices, and related accessories. They offer cloud-based solutions that provide customers with software, services, platforms, and content.
Make sure to check back for our full coverage on Microsoft’s latest earnings report!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>