Facebook (FB - Free Report) just released its second-quarter earnings results, posting earnings of $0.76 per share and revenue of $6.436 billion.
Currently, FB has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted earnings of 76 cents per share (excluding 5 cents from non-recurring items), beating our Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.62.
2. Beat revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $6.436 billion, smashing our estimate of $6.008 billion.
3. Daily active users (DAUs) were 1.13 billion on average for June 2016, an increase of 17% year-over-year, while monthly active users (MAUs) were 1.71 billion, an increase of 15%.
4. Mobile advertising revenue represented 84% of total ad revenue for the quarter, which is up from 76% last year.
5. FB was up $7.26, or 5.9%, to $130.60 as of 4:19 p.m. EST in after-hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here’s a graph that looks at Facebook’s latest earnings performance:
Facebook Inc. operates a social networking website worldwide. The Company's products for users are free of charge and available on the Web, mobile Web, and mobile platforms, such as Android and iOS. Its website enables users to connect, share, discover, and communicate with each other. The Facebook Platform is a set of tools and application programming interfaces that developers can use to build social apps on Facebook or to integrate their Websites with Facebook.
Make sure to check back here for our full coverage of Facebook’s second-quarter report!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>