For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – October 13, 2017 – Zacks Value Trader is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
Are There Any Cheap Tech Stocks?
Welcome to Episode #63 of the Value Investor Podcast
Every week, Tracey Ryniec, the editor of Zacks Value Investor portfolio service, shares some of her top value investing tips and stock picks.
With stocks still hitting new all-time highs, and one of the most popular sectors being technology, Tracey decided to check and see if there were any stocks that qualified as values.
She ran a screen of stocks with P/Es under 15 and Zacks Computer and Technology sector. Zacks has 18 stock sectors and 265 industries. It’s easier to screen by sector because you get a broader range of stocks.
In this case, the screen produced just 18 stocks and that’s without even adding a good Zacks Rank.
Out of those stocks, Tracey picked 5 that had interesting stories.
5 Cheap Tech Stocks Right Now
1. KT Corporation (NYSE: – Free Report)was formerly known as Korea Telecom. It has a forward P/E of just 9.7 and also has a cheap P/B and P/S ratio. But, yes, it’s headquartered and does business in South Korea. Are you willing to dive into that risk with all the geopolitical jitters?
2. Micron (Nasdaq: (MU - Free Report) – Free Report)already reported earnings and saw revenue up over 90%. It’s super cheap, with a forward P/E of just 5.6 as the earnings estimates have been soaring. But can it keep up this pace past fiscal 2018?
3. Western Digital (Nasdaq: (WDC - Free Report) – Free Report), the storage company, has been lagging in 2017. It’s also really cheap, with a forward P/E of 7.4. You’ll get a dividend for your troubles, currently paying 2.3%. Investors might want to check in on the upcoming earnings conference call.
4. J2 Global (Nasdaq: (JCOM - Free Report) – Free Report)has two business segments: cloud based communications and digital media. It owns Geek.com, PC Magazine and Everyday Health, as well as others. This mid-cap has a forward P/E of just 13.8.
5. IEC Electronics (NYSE: (IEC - Free Report) – Free Report)is a micro-cap New York company that manufactures complex devices in the medical, aerospace & defense and industrial industries. It has a forward P/E of just 7.6. Best to do your research because Zacks only has one analyst estimate on the company.
While cheap technology stocks do exist, there aren’t many.
As always do your own research into why the stocks are trading well below the overall market. During earnings season, listen to the conference calls. Check those fundamentals and what is going on with the business.
What else should you know about cheap tech stocks?
Tune into this week’s podcast to find out.
Want more value investing insights from Tracey?
Value investors are a special breed of investor. They don’t follow the herd.
If that is your style of investing, be sure to check out Tracey’s weekly Value Investor service to receive more in-depth analysis on value companies and see which stocks she thinks are the best bargains now.
The Value Investor portfolio holds between 20 and 25 value stocks for the long haul.
Click here to learn more>>>
Tracey Ryniec is the Value Stock Strategist for Zacks.com. She is also the Editor of the Insider Trader and Value Investor services. You can follow her on twitter at @TraceyRyniec and she also hosts the Zacks Market Edge Podcast on iTunes.
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978. The later formation of the Zacks Rank, a proprietary stock picking system; continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Click here for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros.
Get the full Report on KT - FREE
Get the full Report on MU - FREE
Get the full Report on WDC - FREE
Get the full Report on JCOM - FREE
Get the full Report on IEC - FREE
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performancefor information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.