For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – January 11, 2018 – Zacks Market Edge is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here: (https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/288321/stocks-to-shape-up-your-portfolio)
Stocks to Shape Up Your Portfolio
Welcome to Episode #114 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
In this episode, Tracey is joined by Maddy Johnson, a Zacks Editor and co-host of the Friday Finish Line podcast, to discuss how you can get your portfolio in shape, and maybe yourself as well, by investing in companies at the forefront of the wellness craze that is gaining in strength.
Usually, the biggest New Year’s Resolution most people make is to either lose weight or “get healthy.” That usually involves a diet or change to an eating regiment.
Recently, US News and World Report released a list of the top diets which has the Internet abuzz.
Tracey and Maddy have certainly tried some on the list.
But who are the companies that are winning in wellness?
5 Companies Leading in the Wellness Trend
1. Weight Watchers (WTW - Free Report) had a fantastic year last year as revenue and earnings skyrocketed. At the end of the third quarter, it had grown its subscribers to 3.4 million and had raised full year guidance again. It recently announced it had signed music producer DJ Khaled on as social media ambassador. Shares are no longer cheap as they trade with a forward P/E of 31.
2. Nutrisystem (NTRI - Free Report) has always been about sending customers the prepared food. This year, it is heavily marketing the South Beach Diet, which it acquired in 2015. Earnings are expected to rise 63% in 2017 and another 17% in 2018. It trades with a forward P/E of 22.
3. YogaWorks went IPO in 2017 so it’s a new entrant in the wellness space. It operates over 60 yoga studios nationwide and offers nearly 1000 online yoga classes. It also offers Pilates at some of its California locations. The company isn’t yet profitable. It’s expected to lose $1.08 in 2017.
4. Planet Fitness, Inc. (PLNT - Free Report) bills itself as America’s fastest growing fitness company. It aims for the lower end of the market with its $10 a month subscription fee. It must be doing something right, however, as earnings are expected to rise 18.8% in 2017 and another 22.3% in 2018. It’s no longer cheap, however, as it trades with a forward P/E of 33.4.
5. MINDBODY, Inc. (MB - Free Report) is a software company that offers a wellness software and payment platform to entrepreneurs in the wellness industry, including spas, instructors and fitness clubs. Its app allows customers to book classes, even at the last minute, on their phones. Full year revenue is expected to rise 31% but the company is forecast to lose $0.01 in 2017. However, 2018 is looking up as the Zacks Consensus is calling for $0.20 a share.
Other companies are also trying to tap into the wellness craze by partnering with established brands.
For example, Blue Apron (APRN) is offering some Whole30 compliant foods this January. In addition, Whole Foods (AMZN) also sells many Whole30 compliant products, some of which have the Whole30 seal on them.
What does Tracey think about investing in some of these companies?
Find out the answer to this question, and more, on this week’s podcast.
Looking for Stocks with Skyrocketing Upside?
Zacks has just released a Special Report on the booming investment opportunities of legal marijuana.
Ignited by new referendums and legislation, this industry is expected to blast from an already robust $6.7 billion to $20.2 billion in 2021. Early investors stand to make a killing, but you have to be ready to act and know just where to look.
See the pot trades we're targeting>>
Tracey Ryniec manages the Insider Trader and Value Investor portfolios at Zacks.com. She hosts 2 weekly podcasts: Zacks Market Edge Podcast and the Value Investor Podcast. You can also catch her on Twitter at @TraceyRyniec.
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978. The later formation of the Zacks Rank, a proprietary stock picking system; continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Click here for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performancefor information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.