The “official” start to the fourth quarter 2018 earnings season is just a week away when JP Morgan and Bank of America will kick it off. But traders don’t have to wait that long to gather some insight into what the quarter will look like.
Twenty-six companies are scheduled to report this week, ahead of the big bank reports.
These earnings reports should give us early clues as to what 2019 is shaping up to look like as they are reporting in a bunch of different industries including home building, beverages, steel and retail.
Is the global economy slowing? How much are the trade tensions impacting business? Is the US consumer still spending?
You won’t want to miss these 5 earnings reports.
5 Must See Earnings Reports This Week
1. Lennar (LEN - Free Report) is a home builder with a great earnings track record. It has only missed one time in the last 5 years. Impressive. But shares are down 37% over the last year on fears that a recession is imminent. Is the selloff overdone?
2. Constellation Brands (STZ - Free Report) has missed only twice in the last 5 years. This beer, wine and spirits company had one of the best 5-year charts on all of Wall Street until the last 3 months when shares fell 25% during the market correction. It now trades with a forward P/E of just 18. Is this sell off a buying opportunity?
3. Schnitzer Steel (SCHN - Free Report) has only missed once since 2016. But earnings are expected to decline both this year and next. For those interested in the steel industry since the tariffs, this is one to tune into.
4. Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY - Free Report) hasn’t been able to convince Wall Street that it’s turnaround plan will work. Shares are near 5-year lows. Earnings are expected to decline in both fiscal 2019 and fiscal 2020. But for investors wondering how the holiday season was for the retailers, this is one you should tune into.
5. KB Home (KBH - Free Report) is another home builder who will be reporting this week. It also has a solid earnings surprise track record. It hasn’t missed since the start of 2016. Shares have fallen 23% over the last 6 months. It now trades with a forward P/E of just 7. Is the sell off in the home builder stocks overdone?
5 Medical Stocks to Buy Now
Zacks names 5 companies poised to ride a medical breakthrough that is targeting cures for leukemia, AIDS, muscular dystrophy, hemophilia, and other conditions.
New products in this field are already generating substantial revenue and even more wondrous treatments are in the pipeline. Early investors could realize exceptional profits.
Click here to see the 5 stocks >>