For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL –June 6, 2019 – Zacks Market Edge is a podcast hosted weekly by cks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
Top Tips for Long-Term Stock Investors
Welcome to Episode #180 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
This week, however, she’s going solo to share her best tips for long-term investing in this volatile market.
It’s not easy being a long-term investor. There’s a lot of information out there that may sway even those with the strongest stomach that they should sell everything and move to the sidelines.
But before a long-term investor panics, there are a few tips that may smooth out the ride.
Top Tips for Long-Term Stock Investors
1. Know what your goals are. What’s the investing for?
2. Know your time frame. Do you have a 10-year horizon? Or even longer?
3. Be diverse. Pfizer (PFE - Free Report) was a fabulous stock in the 1990s, but not so great since then. But what if you were over weighted in drug stocks during that time?
4. Indexes may be for you. There are the basic indexes like Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO - Free Report) as well as the specialty indexes if you want to spice things up such as the Global X Social Media ETF (SOCL - Free Report) and the Kraneshares China Internet ETF (KWEB - Free Report) . ETFs make it easier to buy a basket of stocks, which is usually less volatile.
5. Be aware, that a hot stock in one decade may not always be in another. Microsoft (MSFT - Free Report) is a great example of that. Always re-visit any long-term holdings because businesses change. 15 years ago, Microsoft didn’t have the cloud, LinkedIn and a bunch of other businesses.
What else should long-term investors know about holding firm in their investing strategy in volatile markets?
Tune into this podcast episode to find out.
Breakout Biotech Stocks with Triple-Digit Profit Potential
The biotech sector is projected to surge beyond $775 billion by 2024 as scientists develop treatments for thousands of diseases. They’re also finding ways to edit the human genome to literally erase our vulnerability to these diseases.
Zacks has just released Century of Biology: 7 Biotech Stocks to Buy Right Now to help investors profit from 7 stocks poised for outperformance. Our recent biotech recommendations have produced gains of +98%, +119% and +164% in as little as 1 month. The stocks in this report could perform even better.
See these 7 breakthrough stocks now>>
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.