This is a key week for big cap earnings reports. Over 600 companies are reporting, among them a big chunk of the S&P 500.
This includes several of the technology and social media giants, including a member of the FAANG.
Surprisingly, some of the tech companies have great earnings surprise track records.
It’s not easy to beat every quarter, or nearly every quarter, for 5 years, yet these big technology companies are doing it while also facing enormous pressure to stay at the top of their game.
Beating every quarter is a combination of great management, which communicates well with analysts, and sheer luck.
Can they do it again this quarter?
5 Top Big Tech Earnings Charts
1. Twitter (TWTR - Free Report) hasn’t missed since Zacks data began in 2016. That’s an impressive streak. Many of its beats have been large beats as well. Of course, revenue growth still plays a big factor in social media companies. Can Twitter keep its 2019 momentum?
2. Snap (SNAP - Free Report) hit a low at the end of 2018 and has come roaring back, gaining 164% year-to-date. But is the good news now priced in? It has only missed once since its 2017 IPO.
3. Amazon (AMZN - Free Report) is coming off a miss last quarter but the Street has never really cared about Amazon’s earnings surprise track record in the past. Shares are treading water in 2019. Will this earnings report provide a catalyst?
4. Microsoft (MSFT - Free Report) has the best chart of all of big tech. Shares are up 36% year-to-date and are trading near 5-year highs. Microsoft has only missed on earnings one quarter in the last 5 years. Will it see another break out this quarter?
5. Lam Research (LRCX - Free Report) has brushed off fears of a global recession in 2019. Shares are up 75% year-to-date. It also has a tremendous earnings surprise track record. It hasn’t missed in 5 years. Impressive. It’s already trading at new 5-year highs, can it push even higher?
[In full disclosure, the author of this article owns shares of AMZN and MSFT in her own personal portfolio.]
7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days
Just released: Experts distill 7 elite stocks from the current list of 220 Zacks Rank #1 Strong Buys. They deem these tickers “Most Likely for Early Price Pops.”
Since 1988, the full list has beaten the market more than 2X over with an average gain of +24.50% per year. So be sure to give these hand-picked 7 your immediate attention.
See them now >>