For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – October 31, 2019 – Zacks Market Edge is a podcast hosted weekly by cks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
(Please add the Soundcloud link from this URL for the PR. Thanks: https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/593574/2019-ipos-are-they-buying-opportunities)
2019 IPOs: Are They Buying Opportunities?
Welcome to Episode #199 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
This week, Tracey is going solo to take a look at the 2019 IPO market.
IPOs: Not Always the Hottest Ticket
Year-to-date, according to Renaissance Capital, there have been 136 IPOs which is down 22.3% from this time a year ago.
In 2018, there were a total of 190 IPOs.
The cycle high appears to be 2014, when there were 275 IPOs.
But even though the number has declined this year, many highly-anticipated unicorn companies managed to go public this year, including Lyft and Uber.
However, some of the IPOs have had trouble taking off. Some are even trading below their IPO price.
That could mean there are some IPOs which have suddenly gone on sale.
2019 IPOs: Are They Buying Opportunities?
1. Fastly, Inc. (FSLY - Free Report) has an edge cloud platform that handles hundreds of billions of Internet requests a day. It went public in May 2019. Shares are down 13.9% year-to-date. It missed in its first earnings report but reports its second one on Nov 7. Is it a deal?
2. SmileDirectClub (SDC - Free Report) sells clear orthodontic aligners direct to consumers. With a market cap of $4.5 billion, it went IPO in Sep 2019. Shares are already down 29.6%. It’s expected to report its first earnings report on Nov 12.
3. Ping Identity (PING - Free Report) offers the Ping Intelligent Identity Platform to customers. It’s got a leg up on some of the other IPOs in that it is expected to see positive earnings in both 2019 and 2020. The shares have fallen 16.9% year-to-date however and now trades with a forward P/E of 48.5.
4. InMode Ltd. (INMD - Free Report) develops RF based devices for use in plastic surgery and dermatology. Basically, you can look good without undergoing the knife. It, too, already has positive earnings with analysts expecting $1.38 in 2019 on 47.3% sales growth. Shares are up 133% year-to-date but still trade with a reasonable growth P/E of 22.6.
5. Pinterest (PINS - Free Report) is one of the unicorn IPOs with a market cap of $14 billion. While shares have been volatile since its April 2019 IPO, they’re up only 4.3% year-to-date. Earnings are out on Oct 31. Is this a buying opportunity?
What else do you need to know about 2019 IPOs?
Find out on this week’s podcast.
Biggest Tech Breakthrough in a Generation
Be among the early investors in the new type of device that experts say could impact society as much as the discovery of electricity. Current technology will soon be outdated and replaced by these new devices. In the process, it’s expected to create 22 million jobs and generate $12.3 trillion in activity.
A select few stocks could skyrocket the most as rollout accelerates for this new tech. Early investors could see gains similar to buying Microsoft in the 1990s. Zacks’ just-released special report reveals 7 stocks to watch. The report is only available for a limited time.
See 7 breakthrough stocks now>>
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss.This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.