One story to focus on for August is the U.S. economy is doing fine. We get more on that now from our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank.
- We’re talking ahead of the U.S. GDP number for Q2 coming out on July 27th. The forecast is for 4% growth. But you say there’s more to the headline number that has to be considered. How so?
- What are your thoughts on the U.S.—EU Trade announcement?
- Does China now become a wild card regarding trade with the U.S.?
- Do you think August may be an interesting month for oil prices given the U.S./Iran rhetoric?
- What do you make of the bubble talk out there regarding the credit market?
- Talking Sectors & Stocks…Industrials are very attractive again you say, especially Mitsui and Co. . Energy is also very attractive. In that group, there’s Marathon Oil Corp. (MRO - Free Report) . And, Consumer Discretionary rises back to Market Weight. Auto retailer, America’s Car Mart (CRMT - Free Report) stands out.
That’s the Spoken Word from our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.