The Q1 2020 earnings season is off and running. What impact will all the uncertainty have on corporate reports? Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, is here now to discuss that.
1. What insight are company conference calls providing as to the direction this reporting season will take?
2. How will this wave of Q1 earnings releases be parsed for fresher signals of economic activity—including forward guidance—than tends to be available from conventional macro releases?
3. If we see brutal Q1 earnings as well as a big profit swoon in 2020 overall. Will investors be able to see signs of how soon business can get back on track from these reports?
4. Is Wall Street already factoring in a profit rebound in 2021?
5. You also wrote early this week about European earnings rolling in. Does anyone even care about that picture right now?
6. We’ll also soon get a glimpse of how economies fared in April as the full effects of coronavirus lockdowns appeared. One place that’ll be reflected will be in the purchasing manager surveys. One PMI report comes out today, the “flash composite” and the manufacturers PMI comes out May 1. What do those reports together tell us?
7. Will this data put more pressure on the Fed for more stimulus of some type?
8. New home listings were down significantly in early April, according to realtor.com. How long after the economy opens up will this recover?
9. How long before we see the full impact of an economy that’s been shut down?
10. Stocks you’re looking at despite all this include Astellas Pharma (ALPMY - Free Report) , Huntington Ingalls (HII - Free Report) and Kinross Gold (KGC - Free Report) .
That’s the latest with our Chief Equity Strategist & Economist, John Blank. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.
Biggest Tech Breakthrough in a Generation
Be among the early investors in the new type of device that experts say could impact society as much as the discovery of electricity. Current technology will soon be outdated and replaced by these new devices. In the process, it’s expected to create 22 million jobs and generate $12.3 trillion in activity.
A select few stocks could skyrocket the most as rollout accelerates for this new tech. Early investors could see gains similar to buying Microsoft in the 1990s. Zacks’ just-released special report reveals 8 stocks to watch. The report is only available for a limited time.
See 8 breakthrough stocks now>>