Amazon (AMZN - Free Report) just released its second-quarter earnings results, posting earnings of $1.78 per share and revenue of $30.4 billion.
Currently, AMZN has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted earnings of $1.78 per share, beating our Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.14.
2. Beat revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $30.4 billion, beating our estimate of $29.7 billion.
3. “It’s been a busy few months for Amazon around the world, and particularly in India — where we launched a new AWS Region, introduced Prime with unlimited free shipping, and announced that Prime Video is coming soon, offering Prime members in India exclusive access to Amazon Original Series and Movies — including original content featuring top Indian creators and talent,” said CEO Jeff Bezos.
4. Amazon also announced its third-quarter guidance. The company expects net sales between $31.0 billion and $33.5 billion. Our current estimate calls for revenues of $31.62 billion in the quarter.
5. AMZN was up $14.03, or 1.86%, to $766.64 as of 4:15 p.m. EST in after-hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here’s a graph that looks at Amazon’s latest earnings performance:
Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they may want to buy online. The company lists unique items in categories such as books, music, DVDs, videos, consumer electronics, toys, camera and photo items, software, computer and video games, tools and hardware, lawn and patio items, kitchen products, and wireless products.
Make sure to check back here for our full coverage of Amazon’s second-quarter earnings!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>