For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – September 28, 2017 – Zacks Market Edge is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
How to Invest in Retail Innovators
Welcome to Episode #100 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
In this episode, Tracey is joined by Zacks Editor Maddy Johnson for the special 100th episode of the podcast. Tracey and Maddy are back to discussing their favorite topic: retail.
But instead of talking about all the doom and gloom that Wall Street is obsessing about, they take a look at who is actually innovating in the space. What’s working for these companies as they try and disrupt the industry?
As an investor, these are the retailers you want to be in.
Buy those taking risks.
5 Innovating Retailers
1. RH (NYSE: (RH - Free Report) – Free Report) is making a big bet on brick and mortar as it continues to launch its massive gallery stores around the United States. On deck is an 80,000-square foot store in West Palm Beach Florida which will open in November 2017. They also include restaurants, which has turned into a nice side business for the company. The shares have been on a wild ride though. Should you be buying it?
2. TJX Companies (NYSE: (TJX - Free Report) – Free Report) doesn’t just operate TJ Maxx and Marshalls, it owns Homegoods, which is one of the best performing retail brands of the last 5 years. It recently launched an entirely new concept, Homesense, that will carry more furniture, including sofas.
3. Walmart (NYSE: (WMT - Free Report) – Free Report) has been buying up high growth startups including Modcloth, Moose Jaw and now Bonobos which it bought for $310 million in June 2017. Can it turn these small, niche players into big business?
4. Nordstrom (NYSE: (JWN - Free Report) – Free Report) may or may not be going private. But in the meantime, it is launching Nordstrom Local which doesn’t carry inventory but will offer same day delivery. Are the inventory-free stores the next big retail thing?
5. Ulta Beauty (Nasdaq: (ULTA - Free Report) – Free Report) has created a rewards program juggernaut that is the best in the retail business. As of the end of July, it has 25.4 million members. How much more growth can there be? Can it keep its competitive advantage over companies like Amazon and Sephora?
What are the other challenges facing retailers who are looking outside the traditional brick and mortar/online model?
Tune into this week’s podcast to find out.
[In full disclosure, Tracey owns both RH and ULTA in her personal portfolio.]
Eager to Learn How to Trade Options?
Have you always wanted to trade stock options but are unsure where to begin or what to look for?
Each week, Zacks’ Dave Bartosiak will bring you a detailed explanation of the trades “live” on YouTube.
Watch him go through the trade as he answers your questions in real time.
Become one of Dave’s minions. Join the Zacks Live Trader community today.
It’s now FREE. Click here for a trial >>>
Tracey Ryniec manages the Insider Trader and Value Investor portfolios at Zacks.com. She hosts 2 weekly podcasts: Zacks Market Edge Podcast and the Value Investor Podcast. You can also catch her on Twitter at @TraceyRyniec.
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978. The later formation of the Zacks Rank, a proprietary stock picking system; continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Click here for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros.
Get the full Report on RH - FREE
Get the full Report on TJX - FREE
Get the full Report on WMT - FREE
Get the full Report on JWN - FREE
Get the full Report on ULTA - FREE
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performancefor information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.