For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL –July 13, 2018 – Zacks Value Investor is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here: (https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/311319/chinese-stocks-are-they-finally-cheap)
Chinese Stocks: Are They Finally Cheap?
Welcome to Episode #100 of the Value Investor Podcast
Every week, Tracey Ryniec, the editor of Zacks Value Investor portfolio service, shares some of her top value investing tips and stock picks.
The Chinese stock market has plunged and the Chinese stocks that trade on the US markets have weakened in the last month as the trade and tariff issues between the United States and China have heated up.
Value investors like to buy stocks when everyone else is running away, or simply ignoring a sector or industry.
Is there finally an opening for value investors to buy the high growth, big cap Chinese companies?
5 Big Cap Chinese Stocks Off Their Highs
1. Alibaba (BABA - Free Report) is down about 9% over the last month. Is that enough to make it cheap? It still has a forward P/E of 29 but it has a PEG ratio of just 0.9, which indicates there’s value there.
2. Ctrip.com (CTRP - Free Report) , the online travel company, has fallen 8.4% over the last month. While earnings are expected to rise 20%, are they cheap enough for value investors to buy?
3. Tal Education (TAL - Free Report) has been one of the hottest big cap Chinese stocks over the last year. It’s up 75% during that time. Shares have fallen 17.5% over the last month, though. Is it time to get in?
4. Tencent (TCEHY - Free Report) is one of the few on this list that has stalled out in 2018. But these shares have weakened over the last month as well, falling 10%. Are they cheap enough to dip your toe in now?
5. JD.com (JD - Free Report) has lost just 4.6% in the last month, which makes it the best performer among these five stocks. Earnings are expected to jump 23% in 2018 and a stunning 83% in 2019. But is it still too hot to handle for value investors?
Value investors are always looking for quality companies that have gone on sale.
What else should you know about the Chinese stocks?
Listen to this week’s podcast to find out.
Wall Street’s Next Amazon
Zacks EVP Kevin Matras believes this familiar stock has only just begun its climb to become one of the greatest investments of all time. It’s a once-in-a-generation opportunity to invest in pure genius.
Click for details >>
Zacks Restaurant Recommendations: In addition to dining at these special places, you can feast on their stock shares. A Zacks Special Report spotlights 5 recent IPOs to watch plus 2 stocks that offer immediate promise in a booming sector. Download it free »
Tracey Ryniec is the Value Stock Strategist for Zacks.com. She is also the Editor of the Insider Trader and Value Investor services. You can follow her on twitter at @TraceyRyniec and she also hosts the Zacks Market Edge Podcast on iTunes.
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978. The later formation of the Zacks Rank, a proprietary stock picking system; continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Click here for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.