Antero Midstream Partners LP (AM - Free Report) recently announced that the board of directors of its general partner has given approval to hike quarterly cash distribution.
The fourth-quarter 2018 distribution of 47 cents per common unit, which will be paid to unit holders of record, represents a year-over-year and sequential hike of 29% and 7%, respectively. With the increase in quarterly distribution, the partnership has set the record of rising distributions for 16 straight quarters. The latest hike translates to an annualized distribution of $1.88 per unit.
The hiked distribution is expected to be paid out on Feb 13, 2019, to unitholders of record as of Feb 1, 2019. This consistent distribution hike reflects Antero Midstream’s strong and stable operations, backed by long-term midstream energy services contracts with its parent Antero Resources Corporation (AR - Free Report) .
Notably, Antero Midstream has a long history of successful execution of growth projects. Over the 2018-2022 period, the partnership estimated its organic midstream project backlog at $2.7 billion. Of the total project value, 83% is expected to be concentrated in the Marcellus while the remaining 17% will be in Utica. These projects are likely to help the partnership reach the target of generating distribution growth of 28-30% from 2018 to 2020. Moreover, Antero Midstream projects 20% distribution growth in 2021 and 2022, each.
Antero Midstream GP LP , which owns the general partner of Antero Midstream, also announced a distribution hike. It has decided to increase distribution to 16.4 cents (65.6 cents on an annualized basis), reflecting a 119% year-over-year rise and 14% sequential jump. This marks Antero Midstream GP’s distribution ascent for six successive quarters. The hiked distribution is expected to be paid out on Feb 21, 2019, to unitholders of record as of Feb 1, 2019.
Antero Midstream has lost 23.8% in the past year compared with the 13.6% collective decline of the industry it belongs to.
Zacks Rank & A Stock to Consider
The partnership currently carries a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold). Investors interested in the energy sector can opt for a better-ranked stock as given below:
Houston, TX-based Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. (SHLX - Free Report) is a midstream energy company. For 2019, its bottom line, which has witnessed three upside revisions over the past 60 days, is expected to grow 27.7% year over year. The company currently sports a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy). You can see the complete list of today’s Zacks #1 Rank stocks here.
Today's Stocks from Zacks' Hottest Strategies
It's hard to believe, even for us at Zacks. But while the market gained +21.9% in 2017, our top stock-picking screens have returned +115.0%, +109.3%, +104.9%, +98.6%, and +67.1%.
And this outperformance has not just been a recent phenomenon. Over the years it has been remarkably consistent. From 2000 - 2017, the composite yearly average gain for these strategies has beaten the market more than 19X over. Maybe even more remarkable is the fact that we're willing to share their latest stocks with you without cost or obligation.
See Them Free>>