Earnings season always concludes with a rush of retail earnings reports.
That will be true this week with some of the biggest names in retail set to report earnings.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we heard complaints about the weather during the quarter, as it was extra wet in the Midwest and the spring has been cold for large parts of the country.
If you will recall, last quarter, some retailers complained about the excessive rain in California dampening sales. We’ll see what they say this quarter.
Trade, and tariffs, will also be at the forefront, especially in the conference calls. Who has exposure to the higher tariffs and what are they doing to mitigate them, if anything?
If you are a retail stock investor, you won’t want to miss all the earnings excitement this week.
This Week’s Must-Watch Retail Charts
1. Home Depot (HD - Free Report) is the king of big box retailers. It has had strong comparables for several years and it hasn’t missed on earnings in 5 years. Impressive. Gardening season is big, however. Has the weather hurt sales?
2. JC Penney (JCP - Free Report) is hitting a key spot in its turnaround. The new CEO has been in place for several quarters now. Is her turnaround plan working? It seems like this is another do-or-die quarter.
3. L Brands (LB - Free Report) hasn’t missed on earnings in five years which is a great track record. But investors have ignored that track record as same-store-sales have fallen. Swimwear was back again in the quarter. Will it make the difference?
4. Ross Stores (ROST - Free Report) has missed only once in the last 5 years and it was all the way back in 2014. Shares of this discount retailer have been one of the best retail performers during that time. Will they break out again on this earnings report?
5. Deckers (DECK - Free Report) has been one of the hottest retailers on the Street. The maker of UGGs has seen its shares rise 112% over the last 2 years while putting together an earnings surprise streak of 8 beats in a row. Can it do it again?
Will you retire a millionaire?
One out of every six people retires a multimillionaire. Get smart tips you can do today to become one of them in a new Special Report, “7 Things You Can Do Now to Retire a Multimillionaire.”
Click to get it free >>